Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Celie

I absolutely loved that I got to know the characters in this book through the eyes of Celie. That made them so real to me, and I think I picked up on a lot of things that I would not have had there been a narrator simply giving a description of the characters.

I noticed that whenever Celie’s mood toward a certain character changed, so did mine. When she was upset at them, I was too. However, if right after they hurt her she turned around and forgave them, so did I. I felt myself connected to Celie while reading this book, and I think that is such a sign of good writing. The author was able to capture my emotions and harness them around this character for the entire book. Good writing indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I liked having everything from Celie's point of view because she had a sense of innocence about her. Her feelings were genuine, she didn't hate someone unless they had done something horrible to her. This isseen with Nettire when she doesn't reieve letters from her, she doesn't become upset with her, rather she is understanding. Or, with Shug...she ignores all of Shug's comments and tries to get to know her for who she is.

    ReplyDelete